Executive Board Quarterly
South Carolina Fire Marshal Association Members,
Although we continue to be limited in our ability to meet due to Covid, we are still a growing association with representation throughout our state and we remain a vital resource for a safer South Carolina.
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our newest members:
- William Bernard Allenbaugh Jr., Fire lnspector Lexington County Fire Services
- Nathaniel David Anderson, Deputy Fire Marshal Lancaster County Fire Rescue
- Keribeth Taylor Key, Assistant Fire Marshal Anderson County Fire Services
- Robert Leitner, Chief lnspector Berkeley County Building Codes
- Tim Shiner, Building Official/Fire Marshal Town of Moncks Corner
I encourage all members to remain active and to participate in future conferences.
Director 0f Benefits
South Carolina Fire Marshal Association
To the Dedicated Membership of our Association:
Your SCFMA Executive Board has worked for the past few months on an anticipated Spring Conference. Sadly, due to the Covid 19 Pandemic, we will not be able to meet again this spring. The Board and especially 1st VP Robby Stevenson have been in contact with Double Tree Resort and we have concluded that given our numbers in the past and the type of classroom delivery we provide that it would not be safe for all of us to meet. A survey was sent out to all members from Executive Administrator Scott Keeley, and the results gave us peace about our decision.
Results from the survey are as follows-
• Survey sent out to 260 members and 84 members responded
• 26 of the 84 responded they would not attend leaving 58 that would
• AS OF TODAY, 3 EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS HAVE TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
Given the results of the survey, Zoom meetings with the Executive Board, and conversation with Double Tree, we have no choice but to cancel again. Please stay in contact via our website for information and updates as we meet. The tab named Executive Board Quarterly and A Message From Your President will be updated quarterly or as pertinent information comes in.
As a consensus, we all like the atmosphere at Double Tree, and due to us cancelling again this year we are extending our contract with them through 2024. Their rates are increasing annually and we need to consider raising our membership fees to keep up with the increases. More to come on that.
**Training Director Ben Bunting has secured Instructor Terrell Stripling for our next conference. Whenever that may be…
Stay safe, take care of one another, and please contact us if you need anything.
J. Scott McClain
2019 – Present